B-1 Business Visitor & B-2 Visitor for Pleasure Lawyers in Dallas & Frisco Texas

We welcome and encourage you to contact us if we may be of assistance with respect to B-1 Business Visitor or B-2 Visitor for Pleasure status in the U.S., whether at the initial visa application stage or if you need representation concerning an application to extend the period of authorized stay in the U.S.

The Dallas, Frisco, and North Texas lawyers of Rabinowitz & Rabinowitz, P.C. work with their clients to ensure that entries to the U.S. in B-1 Business Visitor status are for permissible purposes, and prepares the comprehensive packet of documentation for presentation to a consular officer as part of a visa application or for submission at the port of entry in support of the business purpose and other facts relating to the time to be spent in the U.S. B-1 Business Visitors entering the U.S. may, for example, consult with business associates, attend a conference (scientific, educational, professional or business), or negotiate a contract. B-1 Business Visitors may also enter the U.S. for purposes of seeking and evaluating investment opportunities. Prospective investors may be considering subsequent E-1 Treaty Trader or E-2 Treaty Investor status or EB-5 immigrant investor status.

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) allows for an expanded range of permissible business activities for Canadian and Mexican citizens who enter the U.S. as B-1 Business Visitors. These persons may receive an expense allowance, but are not permitted to receive a salary or other remuneration from a U.S. source. Canadian applicants are visa exempt; Mexican applicants must present a B-1 visa or a Border Crossing Card.

B-2 Visitors for Pleasure entering the U.S. may, for example, engage in recreation and tourism; visit friends or relatives; participate activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature; or if an amateur and if there will be no remuneration, participate in musical, sports and similar events or contests. B-2 visas may also be used for persons who seek to enter the U.S. for medical treatment. Rabinowitz & Rabinowitz, P.C. has worked with individuals who have serious medical conditions for which care in the U.S. is preferred, advising with respect to required supporting documentation and comprehensively preparing the application packet for initial submission and for extensions of authorized period of stay in the U.S.

Some individuals may be eligible to enter the U.S. in B-1 or B-2 status pursuant to the Visa Waiver Program. Persons from qualified countries coming to the United States for business or pleasure for a period of 90 days or less may be eligible to travel to and enter the U.S. without a visa if they meet the Visa Waiver Program requirements.

Whether entering the U.S. in B-1 or B-2 status, either with a visa or pursuant to the Visa Waiver Program, all individuals in B status must show that the purpose of their trip to the U.S. is temporary; that the period of time in the U.S. will be for a specific and limited duration; that they have evidence of sufficient funds to cover expenses while in the U.S.; that they have a residence abroad which they have no intention of abandoning; and that they have other strong ties to the home country establishing a reason to return home after a temporary time in the U.S.

0/5 (0 Reviews)