My U.S. citizen spouse petitioned for me and I filed to adjustment my status. Our case is pending but we had a big fight. Can I still adjust my if my spouse does not go to the interview?

Generally, federal immigration authorities require the citizen spouse to be present at an adjustment interview to support his or her petition. If the foreign national’s spouse does not appear at the adjustment, federal immigration authorities may deny the adjustment case.

Other Family Immigration Frequently Asked Questions

The information appearing in these FAQ responses is not legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only. You should seek professional advice from an experienced immigration attorney regarding your specific inquiry and case before changing position.

0/5 (0 Reviews)