My Permanent Resident Card says that it will expire within 2 years of when I became a lawful permanent resident, and my spouse just filed for divorce. Is there any way that I can keep my green card?

There are waivers available for foreign national spouses to overcome the requirement that husband and wife jointly file to remove conditions on the foreign national’s residence. One type of waiver type is based on having a good faith marriage whose end was not caused by the foreign national’s conduct. Another waiver is for extreme hardship. Waiver eligibility can be a complex issue, so if you are facing this circumstance, please contact our office in Frisco, Texas or in Dallas, Texas for specific guidance.

Other Family Immigration Frequently Asked Questions

The information appearing in these FAQ responses is not legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only. You should seek professional advice from an experienced immigration attorney regarding your specific inquiry and case before changing position.

0/5 (0 Reviews)