Can I file for adjustment of status if I am out of status today?

One of the requirements to be eligible to file for adjustment of status is that the foreign national must currently be in status. There are exceptions, though, such as for the spouse of a U.S. citizen, or if the petition was filed during a time period set forth by statute. In such circumstance, the foreign national could pay a $1,000.00 penalty, meet other requirements and remain eligible for adjustment. If you think that you might be eligible please contact our Frisco, Texas or Dallas , Texas office to determine whether this special benefit applies to you.

Other Family Immigration Frequently Asked Questions

The information appearing in these FAQ responses is not legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only. You should seek professional advice from an experienced immigration attorney regarding your specific inquiry and case before changing position.

0/5 (0 Reviews)